Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Never (ever, ever, ever) say never!

Years ago Jake made me a promise, at my request. No matter what I said or did to try and convince him, he was never supposed to let me drive a minivan. My first car was a 66 Ford Mustang, that would never make the trip with me to Nashville. My awesome parents were kind enough to gift me their minivan. I'm thankful to have had transportation, but when I married Jake and the van was on it's last leg we said goodbye to the van and he made his promise.

And now, here we are in a new season of life. After a few long trips all of a sudden our CR-V seemed cramped with a baby, baby and hunting gear, and two dogs. Slowly the thought of having a van didn't seem so bad. We hadn't planned on it happening so soon, but the time was right and here we are. So hop on in, there's plenty of room!! And yes, I fully expect all my family to give me a really, really hard time about this :)



3 comments:

  1. Thanks babe for breaking your promise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) What adorable pictures...and what a difference a decade can make! Right?! I think it would be fun for all of us to try and remember the things we said we would never, ever do and then determine just how long it took for us to change our minds! Enjoy the minivan days...they'll go by in a blink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I think I am going to get Jameson a soccer ball for either his birthday or christmas and get you a soccer mom sticker!

    ReplyDelete