Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thankful Thursday

I firmly believe that my hardships are really just minor occurrences in comparison to the daily struggles a lot of people face. For instance the last and first week of the year were not ideal, but I sought comfort in God. There is so much to be thankful for... Though not fully healthy, we got to spend Christmas with our families, even if it was less traditional than year's past. Yes, looking at homes is exhausting, but I have the world's greatest realtor (hi dad!) and some people are never able to afford their slice of the American Dream. Hardship (real or perceived) has a way of making blessings even sweeter.

This morning I read on Facebook "never panic. Just pray". Four simple words, but I find it solves a lot of the so called "problems" I may be facing. So today I am thankful for times of discomfort, stress, and hardship -- you're probably thinking I'm off my rocker now, right? Pray for comfort and sing thanksgiving. And never forget, you don't have to look far to see God's blessings.

1 comment: