Friday, January 4, 2013

Florida

We are back from sunshine and palm trees to our wintry wonderland. We are so happy that we got to spend a few days in sunny Florida where my two brothers-in-law live with Jake's parents visiting as well. It is rare that the whole family is together at once so it was a nice treat, along with the warm weather.

Unfortunately I wasn't feeling well and passed on an upper respiratory infection to Jameson, which is pretty much way worse than feeling cruddy in the first place. Each cough breaks my heart, but we are lucky it wasn't something worse and we are both currently on antibiotics and hopefully will be back to full health soon. We did spend a few hours at the beach on New Year's Day although Jameson did not appreciate the sand he was happy to people watch from his chair.

Jake, Matthew, Noah, and I also took a daytrip up to Orlando and spent the day at Universal Studios. We had a great time riding coasters and drinking butterbeer and it was a beautiful day. Jake took a lot of video with his new Go-Pro so hopefully I can share some of that soon. And though I hated leaving a sick little one behind, I don't think I've felt less stressed in months--why do I do that to myself?!

Jameson was also very happy this morning to wake up to his two best friends, our sweet dogs, who have been dearly missed since they have been with my parents since Christmas Day. I never realized how clean they keep my floors with all Jameson's debris from his highchair! He wanted down as soon as I took him out of his crib this morning to give them hugs and pet and chase them. My heart is filled with his little squeaks of joy!















1 comment:

  1. :) So glad everyone survived the holiday sickness and travel craziness! It will definitely make us all appreciate those "nothing out of the ordinary" days! Very happy Jameson did well on his flights...he's such a happy little guy...even when he's sick!

    ReplyDelete