Monday, March 21, 2011

Pampers!

I bought my first pack of diapers today! A girlfriend from work told me that the best advice she got while they were expecting was to pick up a pack of diapers whenever at the store or when they are on sale. Well today I was at the store and they were on sale. My favorite brand too! 96 Pampers for $19.99. I've seen them upwards of 8-10 dollars more than that. I got size 1, but plan on getting a few from every size. Realistically I'm not sure how much I can stock up because of storage space, but it never hurts to have a few jumbo boxes lying around right? Plus if I buy one box every two weeks I could have close to 1,500 diapers, which will probably only last about 4-6 months if I am lucky!

Although there is the reusable diaper route. The cost is higher upfront, but over the course of 2-3 years I think the overall cost would be less. Cons to washable cloth diapers would be the washing (yuck!). Disposable diapers are convenient, but hard on the environment. I know some moms who use cloth while at home and disposable on the go. Anyone have any advice on this? Lots to think about...

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...well, you know I"m all for going green these days. But, I have a limit! In my opinion, cloth diapers are for burping only! lol When I was a teenager, I babysat for a family that used a diaper service and all I remember thinking was...oh my gosh...this is disgusting and I will never, ever do this!

    However, since this is my grandchild. I will now have to research the pros and cons of cloth vs. disposable. I'll let you know what I come up with!

    Love you two! (oops...I mean three!!)

    ReplyDelete