Wednesday, March 16, 2011

7 Weeks down, 33 (ish) to go!


As of yesterday, I am 7 weeks pregnant. Which also means, I've known for almost a month, but it sure doesn't feel like it. I am still in a little bit of disbelief I think because I am having little to few symptoms, so nothing really to remind me of the little blueberry growing inside me!

Yes, this week the embryo is the size of a blueberry! Even more amazing, at this point the baby is 10,000 times bigger than at conception. Most of the growth is concentrated in the head and cells are being made there at a rate of 100 cells per minute. This week the baby's mouth and tongue are forming, and the arm and leg buds are beginning to sprout paddle-like appendages. These will soon become the hands and feet. The baby's kidneys are now in place and ready to begin their job of waste management.

I've seen an increase in my appetite this week. I can eat well beyond my normal portion at some meals, and often find myself unsatisfied after a meal or snack. I will admit to a 4 am bowl of chocolate cheerios (but that was also due to a few hours of early morning insomnia after a trip to the bathroom). McDonald's always sounds better than a sensible salad, so I compromise and get a salad at McDonald's, although I will admit to the occasional chicken nugget meal. I did make a joke to a friend at work yesterday when we walked over to the McDonald's at Riley that I may go ahead and get the 20 piece family pack. Don't worry, I didn't.

March seems to be going by fast, which is exciting because my first OB appointment is on April 5. It will likely continue to be a quiet month, which I am happy to have because I know it is all downhill from here. We have the first two appointments in April, a trip to Nashville planned in May, a family vacation in June and Megan's wedding in July, at which point I will be five weeks past the halfway point! I just realized that my pregnancy is in perfect tune with the season! As spring is upon us and everything is turning ripe and green so is the baby! Flowers are just starting to poke through the ground as a friendly reminder that better weather is on the way and even more beauty and growth is to come, just like our little blueberry is just barely making any sign it exists, I have no doubt I will soon see the growth! How exciting.

3 comments:

  1. I used a picture from a different website this time because it looked very similar to last weeks, so I thought this more realistic image would add a different POV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the more realistic picture .)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU MAKE ME TEAR UP, ALMOST WANT TO BE PREGNANT TOO..GUESS THATS WHY I GOT A PUPPY HICK

    ReplyDelete