Thursday, June 30, 2011

Weeks 21 & 22

The baby is about 8 inches long or the size of a small doll and weighs about one pound. The baby can now get a taste of whatever it is I am eating. It's kind of weird, but the amniotic fluid that our baby swims around in and uses to practice swallowing can differ in flavor depending on what I have eaten. The baby's arms and legs are finally in proportion, neurons are connected between the brain and muscles and cartilage throughout the body is turning to bone. Which means the baby's moves are much more coordinated now. The baby is still developing all of its senses but can practice using each one. He may grab and hold onto his umbilical cord. The baby still has fused eyelids but he can definitely perceive light and dark in the womb (he loves to sun tan ;) The baby can hear me and those around me, including my heart beat and even the dogs barking, I guess it's time to start watching what we say. And like I said, he can taste pretty much everything I am tasting too!

We've had a busy couple of weeks with working and a vacation and other engagements, but I am still feeling great and don't really have any complaints. The baby definitely seems to have ramped up his activity and I feel him a lot all throughout the day and Jake can pretty much feel him all the time too. I still feel a lot of his movements in the upper area to the left of my belly button which is where he has kind of been although the movements keep getting higher and higher with each passing week. This leads me to believe he is still in a breech position, but what do I know really?



My main goal in the next couple of weeks is to get some furniture picked out for the baby's room, which can sometimes take 8-12 weeks to come in, so I really need to get on it. Still working on a paint color, but I feel busy and it won't take too long to get it done. I am anxiously waiting for buybuybaby to open up on the northside too so I can register there! And of course, we're still working on the perfect name!

No comments:

Post a Comment