Wednesday, July 6, 2011

23 Weeks

This week the baby is really packing on the fat. His saggy skin will start to fit his frame as fat deposits fill things out. Beginning this week, he'll start to pack on the pounds and by month's end he'll be double the weight he is now. Right now, our baby's organs and bones are visible through his skin, which has a red hue due to developing veins and arteries beneath. But once those fat deposits settle in, he'll start to become less transparent. Our baby is about 11½ inches long and weighs 1 pound, or about the length and weight of a Harry Potter book.

In the last couple of weeks I've been able to see the baby moving under my clothes. I've noticed he seems to be spreading out a little because I have been feeling his movements more in other areas of abdomen, whereas before I felt him a lot on the upper left of my belly. He definitely is laying all on the left side and Jake can tell I am a little lopsided. But as long as the little guy is comfy! I got the nursery all trimmed in this week but still have yet to roller it. I picked a color called "coastal villa", I would describe it as a taupe (I couldn't fight the realtor's daughter thing) with maybe a hint of gray. It is a darker color and I really like it! I'm going to add in all the fun colors with the accessories and stuff!



And everytime I hear this song I think of our little guy:

2 comments: