Tuesday, June 7, 2011

19 Weeks

This week the baby is about the size of a mango, weighs about a half a pound and is about 6 inches long. His arms and legs are finally proportional and all the neurons are now connected between brain and muscle (so now he is purposefully kicking me). The cartilage in his body is still turning into bone, helping to give him even more control over his movements. Vernix now covers the baby's skin, this is a white protective substance that sheds before birth, but some may remain. The vernix helps protect the baby's skin from the amniotic fluid, otherwise he might turn into a prune!

I'm still feeling great and have very few complaints, which I am thankful for everyday. We've been getting a lot accomplished around the house, cleaning out closets, mulching (Thanks to the Vieke's!) and getting the baby's room ready. Usually when I decide to paint a room I like to whip it all out in one day, but I've been taking my time and making myself take lots of breaks. I have two coats of primer on the trim and the first coat of paint. It's been a while since I've had time to get back in there, but I am hoping that maybe over the weekend I can finish up the trim and decide on a paint color. I want the room colors to be navy and grey with some fun accent colors and I think there will be lots of airplanes.

My great friends at work have scheduled my first shower in August so I need to get going on my registries. I've put a few things together online, but I just need to get in the store and get "scanner happy", but I am holding out on buybuybaby to open up on the northside! Maybe I can hit up Pottery Barn Kids later this week.

Our official ultrasound with our doc is a week from tomorrow. I can't wait to have the baby measured and have Jake see him live action rolling around and wiggling.

We have a busy summer ahead of us and after a quick spring I have no doubt that it probably will not slow down. So I'm trying to enjoy each stage of pregnancy and not rush it along, but then I think of all the things we will still have to do to get ready and my OCD kicks in! Don't panic!!

And in between all of that I get to vacation, attend open houses, celebrate my best friend's wedding, keep my yard looking beautiful and grow a baby! No worries :)

I know I said airplanes, but these owls are super cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment