Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer

Isn't summer the best? I am a self-professed fall and winter lover (crazy, right?) but summer really is great too. It would explain some of our blog absence. We have been very busy with summer activities. Jameson has had his first boat ride, his first, second and third pool experience, his first tooth with the second on the way and his first farmer's market, with a few family gatherings thrown in. Needless to say we have just been busy. Our little guy is now closer to one than I care to acknowledge and he's learning so much that I can hardly keep up. He is very close to crawling, mostly getting up on all fours, swaying back and forth and most frequently succeeding more at a backwards motion than forward motion. It's going way too fast! 7 month pictures hopefully to come soon.

7 Months
Jameson & Ty
Jameson & Ana
Remember my green initiative? I wanted to give you a little update on my progress. I am no longer burdened by disposables. My swiffer sweeper is my very close companion. With the dog hair on our hard floors I can't seem to use it enough. The major downside to that is the disposable cloths that cost way too much and I blow through way too fast. Thanks to the container store I now have a reusable, washable pad that gives me the freedom to swiffer as much as I want without any guilt. I can use it with the wetjet swiffer too, with my all-purpose cleaning solution. I have also just bought my first re-usable snack sack, again thanks to the container store. Buying ziplocs will hopefully soon be phased out or at least much less frequent. With Jake and I taking our lunch to work I was getting frustrated at the amount of waste and money spent on plastic baggies. A slow transition, but a step in the right direction. Final update is my current work in progress. After the success of the laundry detergent I am gathering my supplies to try making a non-toxic, homemade dishwasher detergent. I use those ever wasteful tabs that of course come individually wrapped and though a big box will last me a long time it still is a little pricey. I just have one ingredient left to buy and I will give it a try and let you guys know how it goes!

My matching boys met me for lunch this weekend at work!
If this isn't a "big boy" pose I don't know what is!







No comments:

Post a Comment