Friday, June 15, 2012

Jacob

I am not typically the gushing type, but today I hope you will excuse it. I am actually a day late on this post, but better late than never, right?

June 14, 1985 my in laws welcomed their first son into the world. Nineteen years later he swept me off my feet and shortly after became my husband. I won't bore you with our love story, but I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I would say there are only a core group of people who really know Jake well outside of our family. He takes his time in building relationships with people, but when he does you will soon see he is very much worth the effort. He is a servant in less typical ways, always able to fix anything wrong with your electronics (and tell you why), and willing to get his hands dirty doing manual labor.

He provides without complaint which, is very uncommon in our generation of apathy. He is dependable as a husband and a dad. He is humble, yet confident. Funny, yet deadly serious. Traditional, yet current. He has never left me wanting and serves as an excellent role model Jameson. No, he's not perfect, but he is to me.... mostly ;)
2004

2005

2006

2007

2008

2009

2010

2011

2012
Couldn't find one of all three of us, hope to fix that soon!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my...I'm so behind on my blog reading!! Love this post and the pictures are amazing! My how time does fly, doesn't it? You two (or um, three) are a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tori, this is an awesome tribute to the love of your life! Awesome job putting how you feel into words. You know him so well and I can feel the love, hear your heart. Thank you for sharing this! So uplifting!

    ReplyDelete