Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Life as we know it

These summer days continue to fly by. We had a great weekend celebrating Father's day and just being lazy. On Saturday morning we did our typical workout, omelets and coffee. We spent the day around the house and ventured out to Gander Mountain and to pick up some sushi for dinner from our favorite place. Oh how I love sushi. My mom and I are convinced they put something in it to make it addictive. I always want more! We also sat around and listened to two new records and drank wine and beer, Jameson had milk ;)

Sunday was Jake's first Father's day and I snuck out in the morning the morning and got us some Dunkin' Donuts, a treat we have not indulged in yet. How great are donuts every once in a while? They were absolutely delightful. We had a quite morning mostly laying in bed with Jameson and watching him work on his crawling and watching movies on TV. We spent the afternoon in Noblesville with family and friends. We had a tennis tournament and Peepaw and I came in second place (I was the only girl playing). Then we lounged for a while at the pool and then had a cookout at my parent's house. It was a great afternoon and Jake and my brothers had way too much fun playing with Will's Go-Pro during the tennis and swimming and were making slow-mo videos and such all night. It was a beautiful evening on the lake and even better when surrounding by family and friends.

Last week we also celebrated Jake's birthday with a delicious dinner at Three Wise Men. This is a microbrewery in Broad Ripple that Jake loves, but we try to avoid because all you want to do is eat their pizza and drink too much beer (this post really makes it sound like we drink a lot...). It was a great night and we ate outside, which meant that I got to people watch the passersby and indulge in dill pickle chips. YUM. It was delightful and I definitely think Jake enjoyed himself and the fact that he had leftover pizza for lunch the next day.

Other than celebrations, news around here is a little bit slow. I have recently taken on an additional nursing job. I'm still not sure why I am taking on additional responsibilities when my dream job is stay at home mom, but I just felt led in a new direction I guess. I will be working PRN, just picking up a few extra shifts, at Community North. My main motivator was the fact that the hospital is literally across the street from our neighborhood. The second motivator is the newborn ICU is a higher level of acuity than the one I work in now, so I am hoping to gain some new experiences. I absolutely love my job at IU and I don't plan on leaving (hear that coworkers?) but just wanted to broaden my horizons I guess. The great thing is the I can pick up 4 hours here and there and do nights and evenings so I won't really be taking time away from Jameson, just less time sleeping and who needs sleep, right! Thanks for all the support from my family too as I stressed about the transition, but I look forward to getting my hands in to something new, but still in my comfort zone.

1 comment: