Wednesday, September 7, 2011

32 Weeks

We've made it to the 8th month of pregnancy, which in some ways is hard to believe! This week the baby is tipping the scales at almost 4 pounds and 19 inches long. Not only is he growing like a weed, he is practicing the skills that will prepare him for survival in the outside world, from swallowing and breathing, to kicking and sucking. Speaking of, the baby has been able to suck his thumb for awhile now, but hopefully he hasn't been practicing that too much ;) Another change this week, the baby's skin is no longer see-through. As more fat accumulates under his skin, it grows more opaque. The baby is still pretty active, but his days of somersaults and dance routines are coming to an end as the space inside my womb is rapidly shrinking as he feels it up, and hopefully he settle down in a head down position.

Again not a lot of changes this week. We've been busy running around getting our house ready for guests this weekend and the baby in the coming weeks! I would say that our shower remodel is 95% done! Yay! We just need to get the glass shower door ordered and if I find the time and energy, throw up a fresh coat of paint in the bathroom. The baby's room is still a work in progress. I found some appropriate lighting this weekend and hope to get the last odds and ends sorted out in the coming weeks. I'm having my family and friends baby shower this weekend which I can hardly stand to wait for! I am sure the baby's room will come together quickly and I will have a better idea of what things we still need to get.


I've been feeling great and really have no complaints. I am loving the cooler weather, although my wardrobe is lacking a little bit in the fall gear. Luckily it is easy to stock up on sweaters and cardis that I can wear post pregnancy as well to keep my growing bump warm until the baby comes. I fear my feet may have grown half a size, which is just what I dreaded the most. I don't know if maybe it's because I have been in sandals all summer, but it seems like all my shoes are a little snug. Hopefully it's just swelling or just being unused to having my feet so confined because I have way too many cute kicks to have to trade them all in! I had a doctor's appointment today and everything checked out just fine!


1 comment: