Wednesday, September 28, 2011

35 Weeks

As the baby continues to pack on the pounds, about a half a pound a week, he is likely at his birth length and won't do much more vertical growing before the big day. Brain development is continuing at a mind-boggling pace, making the baby a little top heavy. Most babies have also settled into their heads down, bottoms up position in mom's pelvis by now, or will soon.

After a whirlwind trip to Nashville this weekend and a couple of days at work, this last week just flew right by. I am getting very anxious to meet the little guy but I know realistically I could have another 6 weeks, which kind of seems unfathomable. 3 weeks sounds so much better! That being said I am hoping to find a dresser this week and put the finishing touches on the nursery. Work has been going fine and those are the days that I have the most contractions, but luckily things have slowed down a little and I don't have to do as much running around as I was doing a few weeks ago. I feel rather large and try not to think about how much bigger I could get if I really do have to wait for this miracle for another 6 weeks. For now, I think that pretty much sums it up! I hope to have more to report next week after my doctor's appointment!

1 comment: