Monday, September 19, 2011

34 Weeks

This week the baby is as tall as 20 inches and may be up to 5 pounds! Other than growing he hasn't been up to much! The soft fur, lanugo, that covered the baby's body for much of his stay in the womb is now almost completely gone. The baby continues to develop his own immune system, instead of relying solely on antibodies received through the placenta. His fat layers are filling out making him nice and plump and will help keep him warm when he makes his debut.


Everything checked out at the doc again this week. The baby is now measuring about a week ahead, which just means he has probably added on a few extra ounces like his mommy has added on a few extra pounds. The doctor said contractions at this point are normal and expected and that I have been making it too easy on him. We have another appointment in two weeks and then from there on out I will go back weekly, but hopefully I won't have to do that for too long!

I had a ball last night watching my parents strategically place the alphabet on the wall in the nursery. It looks great and I think it is really unique and a very special idea for the baby. He will love it!  See facebook for pics!


Our due date is rapidly approaching and I cannot wait to meet him. It has all become very real as we are putting the final touches on his nursery and everything is coming together. In reality he could come at any time, but ideally it would be best if he waited until 37 weeks, but not much after that ;) I have been feeling great and continue to have few complaints. I am increasingly fatigued, but nothing I can't handle and actually find it easier to get through the day without a nap if I just keep moving, but that also means more contractions (especially on work days). If I lay low and keep my feet kicked up I  experience a few or no contractions in a day but find myself fighting those afternoon naps. As soon as Jake and I settle in to watch a little TV it often seems like I am out like a light! I still feel pretty comfortable otherwise. I hope to post a belly pic soon, but my photographer is out of town so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment