Thursday, August 11, 2011

NEW SHIRT!




Oh and under this new shirt is my 28 week belly!

What a BIG week! This week not only have we entered the third trimester, but we are also in the 7th month and everything seems so much more real! Not that all the little kicks and punches from the baby haven't felt real, but so much has changed this week. First off, I had my first baby shower hosted by my amazing work friends. They spoiled me rotten poolside with lots of goodies for the baby. I can officially be ready for the baby now because I have his carseat and stroller so we can take him home from the hospital and the girls also got me a swing (well not me, the baby, there's a thought!). I appreciate their kindness soooo very much and all the hard work that went into planning and organizing such a special day! The little guy got lots of cute little goodies too, including some really cute blankets and burp clothes, a few outfits and some toys. He also got some pretty cool gifts from his grandparents too. My parents got him an adorable adidas warm-up suit so he will be ready for his first soccer game and all of his precious bedding from Pottery Barn which I can't wait to put to use. From Jake's parents he got an awesome four-piece distressed wood panoramic painting of a DC-7 (aka an airplane, I only know that because Jake told me), and if the baby isn't careful his dad might just steal it! Needless to say I think the baby's room is well on its way to being outfitted.



You may have also noted that this week I am sporting a new belly shot outfit. I decided to start out the third trimester with a new look since the duds I wore in all the previous shots were just stretchy, not maternity and were being stretched to the max. I doubt they would make it until the end, so I decided this would be a good transitioning point.

Everything looked great at the doctor this week and it would appear that the little guy is finally head down. Hopefully he stays that way, but with all his rolling I am really not sure what is up and what is down. I had some labs drawn and I had to drink my lovely glu-cola concoction to test for gestational diabetes. My labs came back slightly elevated. Greater than 130 requires additional testing and I, of course, had a 139! Seriously, maybe I should lay off the sweets! So I get the joy of going in and sitting in a lab next week for three hours for a series of lab draws to test my blood sugar after fasting, then again after another lovely dose of glu-cola and again at 2 and 3 hours after my tasty drink. Yuck. Hopefully it will all come back normal and we will have no more worries! My hemoglobin was on the lower end at 11, at 10 they suggest an additional iron supplement so instead I had Jake grill us some steaks for dinner tonight.

This week the baby has reached two and a half pounds and may be almost 16 inches long. This week the baby has learned to blink! He also has an eye color now too, although it may not be the color he ultimately ends up with. The baby also now spends periods of the day (and night) in REM sleep, just like us. The baby's lungs continue to mature, but he still has a lot of growing to do.

2 comments: