Tuesday, August 7, 2012

9 months

Oh Hello! Did you think you had lost me forever (yes, I like to think there are a few of you out there reading this)? What can I say Jameson is on the go and so are we. I had a busy handful of days trying out the single mom thing while Jake was out of town, I definitely prefer the usual tag team deal Jake and I have going on. I just couldn't get my brains together! And thank heavens for grandparents who split shifts while I worked (an unusual amount of days given the amount of time Jake was gone, just worked out that way). This included not just keeping tabs on a quick little baby, but also our two slightly more high maintenance children, Maverick and Lila.

We also celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary with a little staycation in downtown Indy. Again we hired the best babysitters we could find (read: FREE) and tried to check out of mommy/daddy mode briefly. Jake succeeded at this better than I did, but who's surprised! We stayed at the JW Marriot, on the 30th floor overlooking downtown. The room was great and the hotel as whole was pretty swanky. We walked to dinner at Palomino, which is always an adventure when there are gale force winds and you are wearing a dress. We had a great dinner and I would absolutely recommend artichoke and crab dip as an appetizer and we sipped a 2007 Cab. Yummy! After dinner we walked around some more popping into a few different places and ending up at Kahn's Liquor store off the circle. Jake was really in too it because they had a basement full of wine with an old bank safe that they preserved. I liked it because they had wine. We were both happy! I tried to sleep in but I could feel "mommy mode" sneaking back in and I was eager to see my other boy. We stopped for breakfast and briefly regrouped at home before being reunited with the littlest Vieke.
The only pic I took downtown
Afterwards we spent the afternoon at Tom and Amy's farm as part of our monthly Sunday night dinner tradition. Jameson was tired, but not short of entertainment from my young cousins. And dinner at the farm is never complete without a visit to the chicken coop, bunny cages and duck watering hole! Jameson was in animal paradise. It was also his first shrimp boil, but I doubt it will be his last. 

Jameson is 9 months which is incredibly hard to believe, especially when I think about the fact that I was pregnant longer than that amount of time! He is a happy little feller and loves checking out all the nooks and crannies of the house. His favorite toys are balls, blocks, tupperware and books. He instantly smiles when you sit down to read a book together and loves to point and help turn the page. He is a rapid little crawler too and he can pretty much keep up with me as I go room-to-room. He still sports just his bottom two teeth, wears anything from 9-12, 12-18 month clothes depending on the brand or style. According to our home scale he is still hovering around 20 pounds (we see the pedi next week). He loves to feed himself, which takes a little longer, but at least we are able to eat together. He eats all fruits and veggies and recently added chicken and salmon to his favorite food list. A lot of nights I just cut up whatever we are already eating and he feeds himself, along with a few thicker purees. The boy still takes 4 bottles a day (about 24-28 ounces total)and didn't really appreciate it when I tried to cut one out a few weeks ago. He has learned all kinds of expressions, including waving and signing "milk" though not usually at the appropriate time. I hope to start teaching him more signs, and we are currently working on "more" and "all done". Any signing advice is appreciated. And I am sure that any day now I will be posting a walking video. He has mastered cruising and each day can stand unassisted a little bit longer. He can't wait to walk, but I hope it's as least another month!  
"I got this mom"
Funny faces while eating
Ohhhhh
Hi Lila!

2 comments:

  1. What a great post from a great Mom. I love seeing the 5 of you together. What a great family you have started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on 5 years once again! Wow, where does the time go? You seemed to have captured most of Jameson's best faces! :)

    ReplyDelete