Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!


Jameson has officially celebrated his first holiday! We kicked it of with my parents annual Thanksgiving eve cocktail party which was a lot of fun and Jameson practically slept through it all. He was totally zonked as he was being passed around all night long. Of course, that meant that he decided to be awake that night from about 11 to 3. That made for one tired mama, but that just meant we slept in the next morning. Then we were off to Jake's parents for our Thanksgiving feast. It's nice that their house is just around the corner and Jameson got to meet his uncles, Noah & Matthew. We had a delicious meal prepared by Jake's parents and we enjoyed a great afternoon and even watched one of my favorite holiday movies, Elf.

Our silly family pic, Jameson was not a happy camper!
He wore himself out and were able to get a good family pic
After celebrating Thanksgiving we spent the rest of the weekend quietly cuddled up at home. We ate on leftovers and watched movies and played with Jameson. I did some online shopping, although I only bought for Jameson, even though he doesn't need a thing!

I have finished decorating the house for Christmas and today it is snowing! I can't wait to start some holiday traditions as our family grows. This year it pretty much has been me watching every single lifetime or hallmark holiday movie! I guess that is the joy of being on maternity leave during the holiday season! And I can't help it, they are usually so bad that they are good!

Jameson's stocking
Jameson is doing great getting settled into a routine. I feed him about every 3 and a half to four hours during the day. Then we spend some time after feedings awake, either playing, doing tummy time, swinging or whatever. I try to keep him up for about an hour and by then he is usually ready to lay back down for a nap until the next feeding. This starts every day at 8, with the last feeding usually between 10 & 11, but after that last feeding it is straight to bed. The last couple of nights he's only been up once between that last nighttime feeding and his 8am feeding, going 5-6 hours. The best part is he is learning to fall asleep with more ease if he's awake when I put him in his crib. He lightly fusses for a few minutes but then after that he drifts off to sleep. He's not super interested in his pacifier, which I'm trying to look at as a good thing. He is also becoming a more efficient eater. He is nursing closer to 20 minutes now whereas he was previously going 30-40 minutes which is fine during the day, but was rough at 3 am! Basically, I think he's perfect 

Taking a bath today
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog! its so much fun to read about the happenings of Jameson.

    ReplyDelete