Wednesday, October 26, 2011

39 Weeks

Tick Tock Tick Tock....

Has time slowed to a halt for anyone else? I feel like I have been waiting on this little boy for-ever! It seems he's on his own schedule and no amount of bee-bopping my large self around at work or house cleaning will get him to budge! Oh well, I figure as soon as I quit worrying about it he will come, just like when you feel like you can't wait for your food at a restaraunt any longer you go to the bathroom and ta-da, your meal appears! Unfortunately that trick does not work for inducing labor, trust me, I go to the bathroom about once every 30 minutes.

I am guilty of a lifelong habit of "observing" those around me (aka "staring" as my mom puts it). Now I am the object of way too much gawking. Can't a pregnant lady wobble around Best Buy in peace! You know it's bad when I say to Jake "I feel like everyone is staring at me" and he says "Yeah, I've noticed!" I've obviously reached that point where I am about to pop and everyone around me is just anxiously awaiting that moment. Each day I make it to work everyone is surprised to see me back for another day. Yes, I'm still here friends!

Until Jake Jr decides to make his debut I'll keep on smiling and be thankful for each day that I was able to keep my little guy safe and carry him to full term. I have to keep some perspective here, everyday I see plenty of parents who would do anything to carry their child to 40 weeks. So, I will continue to enjoy my last days of freedom, because I doubt there will be much more sleeping in til 10, watching Ellen all day long and I should have plenty of time to squeeze in a mani and a pedi!

1 comment:

  1. Jake Jr, eh? Nice ring to it :) :) And I love your positive attitude - I'll have to take a page from your book next time around!

    ReplyDelete