Tuesday, October 18, 2011

37 & 38 weeks!

Although I feel as though time is getting slower I have apparently been too busy to blog! Between a roadtrip to Cincinatti, finishing up the nursery, a weekend at the cabin and working a little bit of OT to kickstart labor I've gotten a little behind. Developmentally the baby is essentially ready for the world but I'm convinced he won't be making his debut until 40 weeks which is just fine (I guess) since I still feel pretty good. Contractions when I am up and moving around are expected and I try to look at it as welcome sign of hopefully getting just a little bit closer to real labor. Sleep doesn't come so easy unless it is in the form of a nap between bathroom breaks and the once simple act of rolling over! After ditching my rings last week (which I don't wear to work anyway) I haven't put them back on since they seemed to be getting harder and harder to pry off my chubby little hands. Swollen ankles are essentially a given now too although the left is always more swollen than the right. I never thought I'd see the day when even my maternity clothes seemed to be getting a little tight, but they just aren't as comfortable as they once were. I don't know if it's just because the baby has gotten bigger or if he is starting to drop because my bladder is in overdrive once again and rarely feel relieved for long. I have received a few comments about looking like he's dropped a little so I am just going to go on ahead and believe that. I haven't packed my "go" bag as Jake called it because I don't want to be too prepared for fear that he will never come. And although I am anxious to meet him he isn't allowed to come until after this weekend since my dad and Will will be in South Dakota pheasant hunting. Until next week friends!






3 comments:

  1. Room looks beautiful Tor!!!! And changing table on dresser is perfect-o!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nursery looks amazing and so do you! :) All we need now is little tootle butt to make his grand appearance! Did Jake tell you that I had a dream yesterday where you accidentally told me the baby's name? But, when I woke up and finally remembered the dream...I could remember every detail except the name you said! So funny!! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know the name for sure! Lol

    ReplyDelete