Tuesday, May 24, 2011

17 Weeks

Our baby is about the size of the palm of your hand this week, with a crown to rump length of 5 inches and a weight of about 5 ounces. Body fat is beginning to form, but the baby is still quite skinny, with skin that is practically translucent. This week the baby is practicing for birth. One of these important skills he or she is practicing is sucking and swallowing. The baby's heart rate is now being regulated by the brain (no more spontaneous beats) and is beating at about 140 bpm. The baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone and the umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger.



This weekend my mom took me on a much needed maternity clothes shopping trip. I got loaded up on all kinds of goodies and I am immensely thankful, especially after I saw that bill! There was a lot to chose from, but not necessarily things that I would say are my style. I guess this isn't the time to be picky, but I don't need to look too matronly just yet. I got a bunch of cute tees, a few tanks and two really cute dresses. I also got some jeggings that I am loving and a pair of jeans from the Gap. I feel much better and I didn't realize how nice it was to not be living in yoga pants! I think Jake appreciates me being out of the stretch pants too. I am somewhat back to normal, or at least as close to it is I can get for probably the next 6 months.

I am also one step closer to starting on the nursery! Jake's brothers took the queen bed that was in the guest room, soon to be nursery, off my hands making me all the more anxious to slap on some paint! I think I will start on the painting the trim tomorrow and just kind of take my time with that. We still have some things we need to clear out of the room, which has kind of been a catch all and is also where we keep the dog's cages. I'm not sure where their new home will be, but it won't be in there. I need to get the carpet cleaned but I will probably wait a few more weeks for that.

Also... I need some boy name suggestions! I can think of plenty of girl names, but I am coming up short on boys names! HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment