Tuesday, May 10, 2011

15 Weeks






This week the baby is measuring about 4.5 inches, weighs about 2 or 3 ounces and is about the size of a navel orange! The baby continues to look more and more like a baby with the ears positioned properly on the head and the moves closer to the front of the face. By now the baby has the coordination, strength and smarts (this is Jake's child) to wiggle his or her toes and even suck it's thumb. The baby can also breathe (or at least practice the movements), suck, and swallow-- getting ready for life outside the womb, but hopefully not anytime soon. And though it is unlikely to feel anything from our little one this week, the baby is certainly getting a work out- kicking, flexing and moving those arms and legs. Though the eyelids are still fused shut, the baby can sense light.

Last night I thought I felt this weird feeling low in my belly and I thought is my baby moving? It is so quick and so tiny I hardly notice it, but I can't help but ask if it is the baby moving. I know it is kind of early and it hard to describe (almost like a flutter), but maybe I am making it up in my head, who knows. I doubt I will be sure about it for a few more weeks, but even if it isn't the baby, it's still really exciting!

I also made my first baby purchase this week (other than diapers!). While in Nashville I had to stop and get the baby some Belmont duds. I really wanted to get the pink onesie, but the blue one will have to do for now, didn't want to jinx anything ;) I guess next time we are up in Lafayette I will have to search out a Purdue onesie, maybe by then I will know if I need a pink one!

No real body changes this week. Spent all weekend in Nashville in roomy dresses and leggings for the roadtrip. Maybe another belly pic next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment