Tuesday, May 3, 2011

14 Weeks=2nd Trimester!

I'm now in the fourth month of pregnancy (what?) and it's crazy think about all the milestone's our little baby has already achieved. It is around this time that most fetuses start growing at different paces, but all continue to follow the same developmental path. So, this week, the baby is about the size of a clenched fist, crown to rump. This is amazing to me, because I remember thinking of my baby as just a tiny little walnut. So big! The baby is getting longer and straightening out as the head becomes more erect. And on top of that little the head the baby may be growing hair. Eyebrows are also filling in as well as body hair, called lanugo, that is not permanent, but helps keep the baby warm until he or she begins to accumulate baby fat.

Honestly, now that my appetite is back to normal and my urinary frequency has decreased (still up from normal, but now I only need one bathroom break during a movie) it is hard believe I am pregnant. I am thankful for this everyday and I am going to enjoy it before I get to those last couple of weeks when I will probably start begging my doc for an induction! A few coworkers have noticed the little pudge in my scrubs (and the tightness at the chest)but I still have a few comfortable pairs left before I move on to maternity wear.

As far as my regular clothes go, unless I have to be away from the house all day running errands or shopping or whatever I am generally in yoga pants, a tee and maybe a sweatshirt. When I do squeeze into normal people clothes I pray it's warm enough and nice enough to wear a roomy dress or I put on my fat jeans with a nice roomy top. Luckily I've had some friends donate some maternity scrubs and Megan and I did do a little browsing at the maternity clothes store last week. I'm kind of stuck in the in between right now, some of my regular clothes fit, but I'm not quite big enough for maternity clothes yet. I am still triumphant over finding a bridesmaid dress for Megan's wedding at the end of July.

This week I decided that the time had come for my first belly shot. Now, please disregard the crazy, poofy, rainy day hair I am sporting. I wasn't thinking clearly when I decided to let my hair air-dry because it seemed too taxing to blowdry and straighten it. Big Mistake! Anyway Jake broke out the camera and kindly obliged to my request. I find this slightly embarrassing, but I know I shouldn't be so all I will say is, enjoy! The show has only just begun!



Thankfully, Jake was kind enough to photoshop out some of frizziness of my 'do and managed to give me a little bit better coloring, this girl needs some sun! Thanks honey!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it is high time for a belly shot! ;) Good job you two. I cannot wait until we have gender confirmation!! I'm going crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barely a bump, you are definately glowing - even without Jakes camera work!

    ReplyDelete