Sunday, February 24, 2013

Being brave

Jen Hatmaker - BLOG

I love this article in the link above. It makes me smile and I hope I can encourage Jameson to be brave instead of scolding him when he climbs on the hearth, back of couch, and scales the barstools. Granted, I was the kid who was never made to wear a helmet and our trampoline definitely did not have a safety net. How do you protect your kids without being overprotective?

Jake is great at encouraging Jameson to be fearless, but I'm pretty sure that's what daddies are made for. Jameson absolutely loves it when he gets to work on his acrobat skills with his dad.





2 comments:

  1. No babies were harmed during these shenanigans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post...and i've seen jacob do this with little jameson! i try to smile as i remember doing these things with my boys...however, it is a little different watching your grandbaby! ;) i guess my mimi heart will just have to accept it! Go forth...be brave!

    ReplyDelete