Friday, December 14, 2012

Thankful Thursday

It's Friday you say? Well I am going to pretend it is still Thursday. This week I am most thankful for faraway friends. I am the worst about picking up the phone and staying in touch. I don't know what it is but I just can't seem to get the hang of it. That is why I am so thankful that my pals understand this about me and are always working to keep our relationship going.

When we lived in Nashville for four years we were far from many friends and family. Now we are back home and many friends are off on exciting adventures which gives us a lot of fun places to visit. The blessing and the curse of our social media world is that you can feel connected without even picking up the phone, and it is so easy for me to fall in to that way of thinking.

And honestly new friends are wonderful, but not much can replace an old friend. The old friend who feels comfy in your home, and I don't feel the need to change my outfit, brush my hair, or sweep the floor for (there are probably 3 people who qualify for this type of first class treatment)! The old friend who has your baby won over in an instant, and he shows his love in hugs and body slams. That's true love!

So to all my faraway friends (you know who you are, though you may not be pictured here), know that I miss you dearly, think about you often, and I am always happy to hear your voice. Thanks for being the good friend and staying in touch! XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment