Monday, October 29, 2012

Meanwhile...

I've worn around the nickname little miss perfect for quite some time. Sometimes I hear it from friends, most often from family. Well I hate this nickname. Most people may think my life appears perfect because I am pretty good about not sharing the imperfections. So I am turning over a new leaf, because it's fall y'all :) No seriously, I want make an effort to be more transparent when sharing the details of my life. Why? I am daily reminded that there is none more perfect than Christ and I want others to be reminded of that too. We definitely carry around too much regret, guilt, and self-doubt, myself included. With this being said, I also want to be more vocal about my faith. I have had a pretty good stretch of years where my faith has been a second or third or even lesser priority in my life and our small family is working to change that and get back to where we once were. I hope you still want to follow along!

We had another great weekend at the cabin, other than the one totally terrible, absolutely awful thing that happened. My mind keeps replaying it, watching my baby boy tumble and hit every single step, each one adding a new crack in my breaking heart. The worst part is that there were precautions in place and it still happened, the baby gate was up and I was less than a foot away. Regardless, Jameson only has a few bruises and one scratch and was up happily playing not 5 minutes later. I'm still recovering. BOYS!

The big first birthday is approaching, barely more than a week until Jameson turns one and less than 2 weeks until the celebration. My mind keeps me up at night making lists and thinking of things to do, I am so excited, and Jameson really has no idea! We are blessed to have such a big and supportive family to share the day with. Let the countdown continue!

I have been sporadic about taking pictures this last week. Jameson had a playdate at the pumpkin patch one day last week while I was at work. The pictures tell me he enjoyed himself!



Everything still goes straight in the mouth!
Beautiful day at the patch!
Morning smiles
Another cabin roadtrip!

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more with your statement that "there is none more perfect than Christ and I want others to be reminded of that too!" I am finding it much more difficult to have those intentional conversations with people now that I am not in college ministry. One reason for this is the fact that I just don't meet near as many people! I guess that's why it is all the more important to be ready to share with others at any given time. I will be praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww....love this post! I know that nicknames can be meant for fun and actually have a hidden compliment in them, but they often feel like jabs to our souls when the name doesn't exactly line up with how we feel. You are so right, there is none righteous, no not one...on this side of heaven anyway! Good for you to show your whole self...even if that means you have to show your hole self every now and then! We all have wounds and scars that have made us who we are today! Why not share those as just another reminder of how great our God is - only He can bring true healing and redemption to our hurts! Love you!

    ReplyDelete